So many things are out of our control, but it is nice to know that we have control over what we put on our skin. By using SPF everyday, applying Vitamin C and using a retinoid, your skin will never disappoint. It is what we call the essential 3 things that should make up your daily skin routine.
I know, you are thinking…Why?…Why should I use these products Heather and how will they make my skin look better?
Here is the quick “low-down” on why these three are so important.
Vitamin C –
- Meet your New Best Anti-Aging friend. Think of this as a universal donor who wants to neutralize all the free radicals in it’s path. What does this mean? Well – it means that damaged skin cells (from the sun) can repair faster.
- This miracle serum can speed up healing, give subtle plumpness, reduce redness and balance our skin discoloration.
- It is best to apply once a day, preferably in the morning. If you want to go the extra mile, we suggest twice a day.
- Flawless carries two Vitamin C products that will meet your needs: SkinCeuticals and Jan Marini. Our Vitamin C products are on sale for the month of July!
- Many dermatologists will agree that this is the miracle product that can reverse the aging process. Retinols helps increase the blood-flow which nourishes the cells in your epidermis. By nourishing these cells, you increase the rate of cell turn over as cells migrate up to the top layer to shed (check out last weeks blog for more info).
- As we age, the rate at which we turn over our cells increases. When we are in our 20’s it can be as fast as 14-20 days. In our 40s, it slows to 30-45 days. A faster rate of cell turnover results in a more youthful look because those skin cells are in fact brand new.
- Back in the day, you had to get a prescription from a doctor and pay gobs of money for a retinol. NOT ANYMORE.
- Today, Flawless carries several Retinols varying in strength. We recommend that you start with a lower strength and work your way up to a stronger percentage. This product should be applied at night and everyone who uses a retinol MUST commit to wearing a medical grade sunscreen.
- Flawless carries two product lines SkinCeuticals and Jan Marini.
- You will hear this over and over and over again.
- If you want to minimize the aging process and protect your skin, you must wear a mineral based sunscreen EVERYDAY. In fact, if you are going to be outside, we suggest that you reapply every 2-3 hours.
- Just about now is when you might be thinking that they make-up you apply has SPF in it so you are covered right? WRONG!
- Many over-the-counter make-ups and sunscreens are chemical based (meaning that they wear off like perfume) and do not contain any minerals that physically protect your from the sun. Any sunscreen you apply should have at least 7% of a physical protection (like zinc oxide or titanium dioxide) in it. You are not getting full coverage if you only use a chemical sunscreen.
- This should be the last thing you put on your skin before your make-up.
- Flawless carries two product lines – Elta MD and Jan Marini.
We want to help you take care of your skin and by introducing these three simple skin care essentials, you will help your skin repair itself as well as slow down the aging process.
Stay Flawless – Heather