Chemical Peels Albuquerque
Chemical peels can improve the skin’s appearance. During the treatment, a chemical solution is applied to the skin, which makes it “blister” and eventually peel off. The new skin is usually smoother and less wrinkled than the old skin. A series of peels is usually recommended. Results are impressive as clients can see the reduction of fine lines under the eyes and around the mouth, improvement in the appearance of mild scars and a reduction in age spots, freckles, and dark patches (melasma) due to pregnancy or taking birth control pills. With patients who have acne, these peels can help with clogged pores.
Flawless offers three types of peels: Salicylic, Brilliant and Prestige. The prices vary depending on whether they are purchased one at a time or in a package.
Q & A
What are Salicylic acid peels?
- Type of beta hydroxy (BHA) peel.
- The name “salicylic acid” might sound familiar because salicylic acid is very common ingredient in acne treatments.
- Salicylic acid peels are also great for treating clogged pores and acne.
- Suitable for most skin types, people with oily, acne-prone skin tend to see the best results.
What Is the Brilliant Peel?
- Addresses moderate skin conditions with an even exfoliation to reveal radiant new skin.
- Can be used on all Fitzpatrick skin classifications with consistent, predictable results for substantial improvement in the health and appearance of skin.
- This kit must be administered by a professional
- For optimal results, a series of 4 is recommended
What is the Prestige Peel?
- This is a professional medium-depth chemical peel that offers a quick, comfortable and predictable comprehensive skin rejuvenation solution for all skin types.
- Prestige Peel is for those seeking more dramatic results that go far beyond what can be achieved with superficial peels.
- This professional, medical-grade treatment stimulates cellular regeneration and collagen synthesis to minimize fine lines and wrinkles, brown spots caused by sun exposure and aging, and the appearance of acne and acne scarring.
- The result is more youthful skin with improved tone and texture with minimal “down time
- For optimal results, a series of 2 is recommended
What are the differences in Peels?
- Superficial/Light Peels
- Superficial or light peels are the gentlest type of peels available and one of the true ‘lunchtime’ aesthetic procedures.
- They only remove the top layer of the skin, known as the epidermis, and can give your skin and instantly brighter look as well as a smoother, more even texture.
- They can be used to minimize fine lines and wrinkles, sun damage, mild acne scarring, age spots and dry or flaking skin.
- Superficial peels do not hurt, you only feel a slight tingling or stinging sensation, and have virtually no recovery time.
- You can be a little bit pink afterwards and may get some mild flaking of the skin but this can be disguised with make-up.
- With a superficial peel you would be able to return to work or go out straight afterwards and no one would know you had had the treatment done.
- Medium Depth Peels
- Medium depth peels give more dramatic results than superficial peels.
- Usually derived from TCA (trichloroacetic acid)
- They penetrate deeper in to the skin and can be used to treat sun damage, pigmentation and wrinkles.
- The downside of medium peels is that you will have a longer recovery and more side effects.
- You may also feel more discomfort during the treatment than you would with a superficial peel
- You will get more ‘peeling’ of the skin than you would with a superficial peel.
- Deep Peels
- We do not do these at Flawless Med Spa
- Deep peels are the strongest type of chemical peel available and can achieve amazing results for sun damage, scarring and deep lines and wrinkles but be prepared to look quite scary after your treatment.
- They usually use carbolic acid (Phenol peels) or high strength TCA to penetrate the deeper layers, or dermal layers, of the skin.
- This type of peel is painful and can take months to fully recover from.
- Your skin will be very red and feel almost like it is sun burnt after the procedure.
- You will heal in one to three weeks the redness can still be visible for months after the treatment but the results of the peel are long lasting.